Wok Boyz - internet City

Wok Boyz is a restaurant that serves Asian street food. This outlet is located in the food court in Dubai Internet City and they invited me to try it out. 

Usually I'm not big fan of food courts because of the seating, but I really liked this one. The chairs are really comfortable, and they have some plants in the centre which give a very calm feel to the place. It might be a bit busy during office hours, but I went for dinner and it was almost empty. 

You can see them prepare the food in the wok as there is a see-through glass, and you can also see a part of the kitchen. 

We started with some fresh coconut water. It is the Thai coconut, so liking it will depend on how accustomed you are to this flavour. 

They recommended some street tofu as one of the starters. I thought what's so unique about it, but when I took a bite, I couldn't stop eating. It was not only soft but also flavourful; it had some chilli and seasoning on it, and coupled with the soy sauce, it really accentuated the flavour. 

We had the siu mai too, which also was pretty good; though nothing extraordinary. 

The woks are really their forte (duh)! There are a few good options for the base, the protein, the vegetables, and the sauces. Also, the quantity is really huge, and more than enough for one person. They're saucy too, and their sauces are really spicy (if that's what you like), or they also have the milder ones. 

My friend chose the egg noodles as the base, added some veggies, and prawn as the protein. We had it made in the peppery Yin Yang sauce. If you like pepper, this is really a wonderful choice for your sauce. The wok also tasted really good. 

For my wok, I chose mixed vegetables as the base. Yes, they've got that option too, so all all you health freaks can start rejoicing. For the protein, I added the sausages (beef) which are cut into small pieces. These little pieces of sausage were way more flavourful than what I had expected. For my sauce, I chose the Gangnam style which is a mildly spiced Korean chilli paste. The spice levels in my wok were just right, and having so many vegetables was a guilt-free meal. 

If you like Asian style street food, this is a place that you should look out for. 


Wok Boyz Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?