Casa Da Venice - Vegetarian Italian

Italian cuisine has always intrigues me, because every time I visit an Italian restaurant, I find something new. 
When they invited us to try out their food, I was really looking forward to their wonderful pure vegetarian offerings. After having the food, I really did not miss out on the non-veg at all. Read on to find out...

We started with some of their drinks. The Shirley temple is what I liked the most. It was served in a bulb shaped glass which made it look even more appealing. 

The virgin mojito was refreshing too, but was nothing different from the ordinary. 

Their bruschetta was also a mouthful, as opposed to a lot of other places where it tastes bland. It had some cheese too and was certainly worth a try. 

Another interesting starter was the corn cheetos. It is a grilled corn on cob that's coated with Jack cheese and crushed cheetos. This looked interesting, and tasted great too, but was a bit hard to eat. 

I'm a fan of Arancini balls, and the ones they have here contain their special Arrabiata paste. This did taste good, but something felt amiss. 

Pastas are comfort food, and if you have the Mona Lisa pasta, it is definitely true. It is a pink sauce based pasta which had broccoli, tomatoes, parsley, parmesan, and chili pepper. It was creamy and delicious; I recommend trying it out. 

Next was the Nero. It is a black pasta. Yes, you read that right. It was my first time trying it out, and the flavour was quite good. This also contains parmesan and peppers. In my opinion, this pasta has more of a visual appeal to it, so if that's what you're looking for, then it's a good option. 

I'm not a fan of pumpkin, and when someone gives me anything with pumpkin in it, I take it with a pinch of salt. These guys have the Maple Pumpkin Risotto which also has some garlic, onions, and pepper that are mixed in a pumpkin puree. It's got maple syrup too, and generally I'm not a fan of anything sweet added in my savoury mains. Surprise surprise! I actually liked this one more than I had imagined. The ingredients complemented each other very well, and these flavours aren't something which I've had in the Italian cuisine before. 

It would be a crime leaving this place without some pizza. I like my pizzas with various toppings that give you a burst of flavours. The Naples pizza exactly did this. It's got mozzarella, onion, capsicum, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos in a tomato sauce base. I felt satisfied on having this. 

My favourite dessert here was the Lotus Killer. It's a lotus case with salted caramel ice-cream, lotus sauce and cotton candy. If this hasn't tempted you to have it already, I don't know what will.

Another dessert which was a combination of three, is Three Musketeers. One is a panna cotta, the second one is a mango mousse, and the third is the baklava cheesecake. I think the combination of the three is what makes it even better than what it would have tasted individually. If you want to taste multiple desserts at the price of one, then this is it. 

They also have outside seating in gandolas (weather permitting), and that would give you the true feel of Italy. 

P.S.: The place also offers the option of lunch box catered towards deliveries which comes with one main, a soup, and a drink.





Casa Da Venice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

N.K. said…
What a thoughtfully expressed and detailed review. It was wonderful reading it! We appreciate you taking the time to walk through every detail of your experience. Will work on the arancini balls. Honest feedback is always taken into consideration.
Look forward to hosting you again some time in the future.

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?