Estrellas Rooftop Poolside Lounge

This is a poolside lounge that's located in Melia hotel at the rooftop. They invited me to try out the food here.

They have an outdoor seating area as well as one indoor, both of which are smoking areas.

We started with some cocktails. The first one was the mango mojito. It was my first time to try this one and it did taste really good. It's good for those who don't want a very lemony mojito.

The other one was called Devil. It was a unique combination of watermelon and chili along with vodka. It was served in a glass along with two chillies on the side to make it look like devil ears. I really found this interesting and the spicy flavor was nice. It's not like your regular cocktail, so if you like to try something new, then only order it.

We got a mixed non-veg platter for the starters. Me favorite one among this was the lamb seekh. It was made really well and was flavorful. On the other hand, the chicken seekh wasn't all that good.

The lamb chops tasted great from the center part, but the sides around it were really chewy.

The chicken tikka was made really well and it had a strong taste of garlic to it which I really liked.

The hammour was also delicious and soft.
I really like prawns in general, and when I tried out the tandoori prawns I did have more expectations. These weren't bad, but could have had some more flavour to it.

Not a lot of places have the jalapeno cheese poppers, but they did and I wanted to try them out. These were pretty good, though I wouldn't say rave worthy. Also, there were some potato wedges in it.

For our mains, we decided to order some desi Chinese. We called for one portion of veg schezwan fried rice along with chicken manchurian. The fried rice was really nice. It wasn't oily, and was flavorful.

Two of the staff members asked us if we wanted our chicken manchurian semi-dry or with gravy, to which we said we wanted it with gravy. They ended up giving us a manchurian which according to me was barely semi-dry. When we asked them, they insisted that this is the one with gravy and that the other one is even more dry. You can see the picture and be your own judge as to whether this looks like it is with gravy. Later, they did get us gravy on the side which tasted spicy and yum.



They have shisha too, and we had the pan kiwi flavour. It is priced at AED 75. The flavour was good and lasted for over an hour, but I do think it is a bit pricey since I found the ambience to be more of a casual place and not a fine dine.

I asked one of the waiters to get me a bottle of water, but he forgot about it and I had to remind them again. Though this was a Saturday,  the place was not all that full. They are busier on Thursdays and Fridays.

For dessert we had the Ras Malai which was good, and the Kulfi Falooda was really nice.

They play some desi music as well as some English songs.

My overall experience here was just about average.




Estrellas Rooftop Lounge - MeliĆ” Dubai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?