Crumby Breakfast & Pizza

This is a small Italian restaurant that really know their food and are passionate. It is managed by a couple that hail from Turin, Italy, who invited us to try out their food. 

We started with the green apple juice. Usually I skip items that aren't a restaurant speciality, but this one was made using a cold press juicer and so I think it deserves a mention. Of-course the juice tasted superb; refreshing, and just about sour enough. 

One of their snacks / starters is the Panzerotto. It is a fried calzone and comes in various fillings. They recommended us the classic one which is just tomato and mozarella. This was really cheesy, and I found it to be delicious. We also had the pollo (chicken), which was good too, but does not come anywhere close to the classic. 

A pasta which caught my attention was the trotellini ham & cream. I hadn't had the tortellini before, and wanted to check it out. This one was irresistible. Of-course it was the cheese and the ham (very flavourful) which gave it the main flavours and not the shape of the pasta itself. This one is really worth trying out. 

For the first pizza, I saw something that caught my attention - a pizza that looked red (since it was the sauce), and had anchovies in it. It is called the Lorenzo. It also has capers and pepper in it, and is layered with tomato sauce. I've had anchovies before, and I knew they're salty, but coupled along with the capers and the tomato sauce, this become extremely salty. After a few bites, I couldn't have it. They said that there are a few loyal customers for this pizza. Perhaps that's how some Italians like it, but this was certainly not meant for my taste-buds. 

But on that note, let me tell you that the pizzas here are pizza padella, i.e. pan pizza. The crust is thick, but extremely soft and fluffy and I really relished it. 

Then we had the vegetarian pizza that had tomato, mozarella, bell peppers, olive and zucchini. This really was delicious, and it also tasted a bit different than the ones we usually get (good different). 

We then had the risotto al pomodoro. The tomato flavour was mild, and overall it tasted alright. There could have been more flavour to it. 

They also got us their burrata to try out. It was way creamier than what I've had in most places. One bite, and I saw myself indulging in this. (The photo here does not contain rocket leaves, since they just got it for us to taste, but otherwise it is presented more attractively.)

To end our meal on a sweet note, we had a tiramisu. Don't go on the looks of this one, as this is home-made, but take one bite, and you won't be able to stop. I also liked the strong taste of cocoa powder on top. 

We also had an espresso made from lavazza coffee beans later. 

There might have been a thing of two which could have been better, but quite a few things here were near perfect, and more importantly I really liked the enthusiasm of the lovely couple Massimilano & Alessia who are the ones behind this brand and they made sure that our experience here was delightful. 






Crumby Breakfast & Pizza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?