Asia Tang

The name "Asia Tang" gave me a feeling that it's a casual Asian restaurant that would have nice food, and when they invited me, I was really looking forward to check it out. I had gone with a vegetarian friend of mine, so there are a lot of things that are suitable for vegetarians in this review (colour coded green for veg and red for non-veg). 


When I went here, it was just like I expected. The interiors were even better with an earthy feel to it. There are plants everywhere and it feels so fresh. The interiors would make it a perfect place for a relaxed lunch on a weekend. 

The staff serves you with a smile and it is something that really makes for a good experience. 
Before I tell you what I ate, I would like to point out the fact they instead of giving fancy names to the dishes, they've named them easy to understand; often even just making a name based on the ingredients that go into making the dish, and that right are extra brownie point from my side. If they know their food right, they do not need to make fancy names and presentation; just good food. 

We started with the lotus stem in plum sauce. This was crispy, and a bit sweetish. Usually, I'm not a fan of things that are on the sweeter side, but after I took a bite, I wanted more, and I just couldn't resist it. The crispiness was also right. 
This dish is light, and might not be something that would fill your stomach, but is great to munch on. 

The next one was a treat for healthy vegetarians. It is the quinoa, avocado, corn, pomegranate with sweet n sour emulsion. The avocado is cut in half and filled with quinoa. The flavours are totally on point. 

One of their signatures is the volcano prawns, and lately I've had it at a lot of places, but I really liked the one I had here. The sauce wasn't over-powering, and it had a slight bit of crunch to it, and that's what made it delicious.  

They have forest mushroom edamame truffle dim-sum too, and we tried it out. The dim-sums were good, but felt there there could have been some more filling inside it; something felt amiss. 

We also had some tofu on sticks. I forgot the exact name, but this also was pretty good. 

For drinks, I had the Kyoto which was pink in colour and refreshing & fruity. It contains pomegranate, lime, coriander and  lemongrass.

They also recommended the oriental breeze which is made form  lemongrass, mint, ginger ale and lime. This one was lemony and refreshing too. 

A very interesting combination is the sticks and sushi platter. It consists of chicken and beef on a stick along with sushi. One of them was chicken & leek, while the other was beef black pepper. The beef was really nice and flavourful; the sauces on it added to the flavour. The chicken one was not bad. For the sushi, I chose the fiery tuna which was quite good, though I've had better. There is also the choice of California sushi instead of the tuna.

I saw peking duck on the menu and had to try it out. It comes as a DIY set along with cucumber and scallions. The wrap is thin, and you add the ingredients along with the sauces to it. When I had it this way, I found it too dry for my liking. I also had it without the wrap, and even then it was just about okay. 

The staff suggested us the Malaysian chicken curry. This also has some potatoes in it. I took a bite, and this was the most delicious thing that I had in this restaurant. The chicken could have been a bit softer, though nothing to complain about. It is served along with a bread (that I can't exactly explain in words, but it was pretty good). 

An all time Asian favourite is the pad Thai, and we called for the vegetarian one. This had a good amount of vegetables in it, and was a bit on the sweeter side. I wasn't a big fan, but my friend surely enjoyed it. 

For the dessert, we had a pandan creme brulee that also has young coconut gel. I liked the sweet flavours and also the sweet crispy layer on top. 

The rave-worth dessert was the mochi ice-cream. We had it in chocolate, mango, and coconut flavours. The taste as well as the consistency were certainly to out liking. I definitely recommend trying this out, though it might seem a tad bit pricy especially if there are a lot of people. 

We ended our meal with one of the many teas that they have - the organic ginger breeze. Served in a pot that would be sufficient for 3 people; it also came along with a timer which had different times for different tea. Since mine was a herbal one, it needed to sit for about 5 minutes before we could have it. 



The restaurant also has a private seating for about 20-30 people that you can book in advance if you're having an event. It also plans to have outdoor seating during colder days.

It is definitely a place worth checking out if you like Asian food. 

P.S. I'm not sure if the desserts contain egg or not, so I haven't colour coded them. Please check with the staff in case of dietary restrictions. 





Asia Tang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?