Red Dragon

This is an Asian restaurant located in Bur Dubai. The place doesn't serve Indo-Chinese but I didn't find it typically Chinese either. I was invited here to try out the food. 

They have some nice beverages, and we tried their kala khatta which was quite good, the mint cooler, and my favourite was the virgin pina colada.

I'm a fan of Kimchi, but here I did not like it at all. I could get an odd flavour, perhaps it was carrot juice in it, but I'm not sure, and I did not like it. 

For soup, the Chicken Mai Thai soup was really good. I liked the flavours and the consistency. It is translucent and has some coriander and Asian spices. 

For vegetarian starters, there were veg dumplings which I really liked. They were sticky but not chewy which was a good thing. 


The other veg starter was was the mock shrimp in salt & pepper. These looked quite like shrimps but the taste was just okay though.

For the non-veg starters, we had chilli basil fish which was really good. The fish was soft and the flavour was also very good. 

The other one was the pan fried chilli chicken. This one tasted good, but it could have been a bit softer. 

For the vegetarian mains, we had stir fried vegetables in hot garlic sauce. For those who like spicy, this one was really good. 

We also had tofu, broccoli, and baby corn in black bean sauce. I really liked this one and all the vegetables in it tasted nice too. 

For the non-vegetarian mains there was kung pao chicken which was good enough, and the fish in oyster sauce which too was soft and was a good choice along with the rice and noodles. 


The vegetable fried rice itself was okay though, but the vegetable mei fun (noodles) were good. 



For dessert, we had the lychee with ice-cream. It was the first time I was having fresh lychees with ice-cream and it did taste good, but it isn't something that you cannot miss. 

The background music which they played here was a bit weird. Though it was just instrumental, it didn't exactly feel right.




Red Dragon - Howard Johnson Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?