Carac Lite

I'm a fan of karak tea and can have it any time of the day. When I got an invite from a place that had Karak (carac) in the name, I was eagerly looking forward to see what they've got to offer. 

Along with tea, we desis like to munch on some light bites, and that's what they've got too. 
I liked the fact that they do not have a wide menu, and have just stuck to the basics; and I must say, they've got those on point. 

I started with a cup of zafran karak. I could not only see, but also taste the zafran (saffron) in it. To describe this in one word, I'd say it was comforting. 

For the snacks, we started with the Mexican paratha which sounded really interesting. It was really cheesy, and tasted somewhat like a pizza. Whatever you call it, this surely tasted delicious, and I definitely recommend it. It was served with raita and chole. The chole too were surprisingly really yummy.

Then we tried their samosas. They were served with two chutneys (dips) - a mint one, and a tamarind one. The amazing thing about the samosa was that it was packed with potato filling inside - less batter, more filling. That's what I'm looking for in a samosa. And yes, the taste was superb too. 

The waitress then recommended us the chicken tikka sandwich. Since my friend is health conscious, we asked for it to be made without mayonnaise. It tasted quite good; I asked for some mayo on the side, and it tasted better. I'm sure if you have it the original way where the chicken is mixed with mayo and filled inside, you'll love it. Just stick to the way they've designed it. 

To end with, you need something cold and/or sweet right? They've got cold karak. I've had it just a couple of times before, and was pleasantly surprised to see it here. 
Not just that, but they also have it in various flavours. We ordered the chocolate karak. The chocolate was a bit too much and it became really sweet (despite them not adding extra sugar). 

We then also ordered the regular cold karak, and this tasted much better. If you like to try karak in various forms, you'll definitely like it. It is served in a huge jar, so I think the price is justified too. 

They have seating for about 5 people inside, and 5 people outside. It isn't a big place, but their offerings are definitely worth a try. 





Carac Lite Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?