Ravioli & Co

Who doesn't like dumplings in a pasta dough right?
This place is located in DIFC, and has a really Italian feel to it; even some of the staff is from Italy. The place is calm, spacious, rustic, and bright (natural light). It has an European feel to it and is just the way I would love for an Italian place to be. The names of the dishes too are in Italian. They recently invited me to try them out. 

We started with Arancino, which was a huge deep fried rice ball with meat and mozzarella. It was crunchy from the outside and soft from the inside. It tasted really good, especially with the Arrabbiata sauce that it was served with. 


For drinks we had the Jasmine Ale. It is refreshing and I would totally recommend this one. 

The other drink was the Grande Basil Mojito. This wasn't exactly to my liking. 

We moved on to some pasta and ordered the Tagliolini Al Gamberi. It is made with prawns and paprika cream. It was a bit dry, and something felt amiss. 

It would be a shame if I didn't try the ravioli here. They recommended us the Cappellacci di Zucca con Porcini. It is ravioli stuffed with pumpkin and ricotta. Despite me not being a fan of pumpkin, I must say I really liked this one. It was that good. 
ravioli and co difc

Since I love rice, I had to try the risotto. It was Risotto Zucca e Porcini in Cestino, i.e. Aquarello rice with porcini mushroom served in a Parmesan nest. It was creamy and indulgent. The flavours were totally to my liking. 

Next was a gnocchi that they suggested - Gnocchi Alle Melanzane. It is an eggplant gnocchi baked with asiago cheese, and tomato sauce. This one wasn't bad but not something really great. 

They also got us a Filetto con Porcini to try out. This is beef fillet with mushroom sauce. This is had half raw and I was initially extremely apprehensive to try it out, but after taking a bite I liked the taste. I still couldn't have much of it, but if you're into that, then the taste of this one is quite good. 

Moving on to sweet endings, they recommended a very popular dessert which they've made even better - Tiramisu Con Nutella. I'm sure I don't need to translate this to English. Don't leave the place without having this. 

Another one was the Cuore Al Cioccolato. It was a small cake with hot chocolate heart and served with pistachio ice-cream. I was expecting the chocolate to ooze out, but there was just a bit. This dessert was pretty good too, but I think the previous one over-shadowed this. 

There was this staff member who was explaining us about the dishes. I vaguely remember his name being Hong. He was from Italy and was really passionate when he was telling us about the various kinds of meat and beef, and the various types of cows that are there in different regions of Italy and where the beef is soured from. Though I wasn't too interested in the information, it was his passion and love for what he did, which made me want to go on listening to him. 

I recommended this place for the ambience, and the authentic Italian experience. 





This place also accepts Zomato Gold on food! If you aren't a Zomato Gold member yet, use my code - UDITSS - to sign up and get a 25% off !


Ravioli & Co Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?