Taipei Dao - Taiwanese food

I'm always on the lookout for new cuisines and new experiences to try out, and when my friend invited me along with a bunch of friends to check this place out, I was really happy. 

The place has a very traditional feel to it. At the same time it is classy. We met the wner too, and she is a very friednly lady. From the look and feel of the restaurant, it feels like she is really passionate about what she does, and wants the people of Dubai to have a taste of authentic taiwanese food. 

There is also a small section where you can experience the tea ceremony just like in Taiwan. The place is not very big but has the real feel to it. Also, we got to know that the source some of the core ingredients and spices right from Taiwan.

We also got some detox water to drink and it was refreshing.

They have some interesting items on the menu, and we just wanted to order all of it, but from a little help from the staff, we ordered some of the best ones. Also, the good part is that the menu has photo of the food items and that makes it easier to select.

They've got some interesting appetizers. 
We started with the green tea prawn chives dumplings. I had some apprehensions initially about how would green tea taste in this one, but there is just a mild flavour of this in the rice coating which it had. This dish was really interesting. 

My favourite one would have to be the dragon well tea chicken spring roll though. There is a vast difference between having a frozen one and something that is freshly made, and obviously you get the latter here.

The oriental beauty tea spring onion pancake would be my next favourite appetizer. It was soft and flavourful, and the quantity was quite a lot. 

We also had Chicken with ginseng and Goji Berry which was a soup. The broth was good, but I think there were a lot of things in this soup, and the sweet taste of the fruits is something that I did not like all that much in it. 

We tried the jasmine tea chicken siu mai too. As you can see from the photo, it looks so appealing, and so was the taste.

Now moving on to some mains, they recommended us their sweet and sour prawn (also available in chicken) which is one of their best sellers. Indeed this one was really good, and the flavours were more authentic than ever. 

I also called for the minced chicken with eggplant hotpot, since this looked very interesting on the menu. It was served in a big bowl, and the flavours were great. I totally liked this one. 

We this this along with vegetable fried rice mixed 5 grain brown rice which might take a bit of getting used to, since this was the small and fat rice grains. Since I personally like them, I liked this a lot, and if you like to experience new items, do go for it.

I couldn't miss white bamboo shoots stir fried with beef. I don't remember having white bamboo before, and this was new to me. I really liked it. It tastes nice and not all that different as one might expect. 

The mixed mushroom with broccoli tasted fresh and the vegetables had a very nice aroma to it. 

This place also sells products from Taiwan like the tea, vinegar and lots more. 




If you want to experience a new for of Asian food, you surely need to check this place out.


Taipei Dao Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?