Kababji

Kababji has started their latest outlet in motor city and they invited me to try it out. The best part that I liked about this place was that the food tasted fresh, and the flavours were on point. They did not require too many spices, but the flavour of the core ingredient itself was really good. 

We started with a salad - the quinoa tabbouleh. i am a fan of the tabbouleh, and quinoa only makes it better. This one tasted really fresh and healthy too. It had just the right amount of zest to it. 

I saw the fattet eggplant and kebab on the menu and this was something new for me, so we ordered one. It is chickpeas mixed with yoghurt and grilled egg plant. It is topped with pine nuts and kebabs. Initially I was a bit apprehensive as to how would kebabs taste with chickpeas and yoghurt, but it tasted really great. Each of the things in it had its own flavour which complemented each other well. This one was filling too.

The arayes looked great in the pictures and I couldn't help but order one. They have a see-through kitchen and we could see them making it. It was really hot when it was served, and I think this was one of the best arayes I have had. The meat inside tasted great, and the bread was toasted just right. 

We definitely love cheese, so we had the cheese sticks too. These were really nice; though I felt the quantity was a bit less at just three pieces. 

For mains we had their Kabab khachkhach. These are ground meat kebabs in their in-house spices. They were juicy and flavourful; and were served with grilled potatoes on the side. 

The other main dish that we had was the lamb chops (or lamb cutlets as they call it). These were made to perfection - juicy and had a good consistency. They were not extremely soft, but came off from the bone easily and I really enjoyed them. 

For dessert, we had the mohalabia which is one of my favourite middle eastern dessert. This tasted okay and I definitely had more expectations from this one. I've had better ones at most other places. 

The other one was the tamrieh which I can define as samosas filled with sweets  (dates and more). This wasn't bad, but not something that I would crave for. 

The ambience is a bit earthy with plants in the middle, and the restaurant has a good feel to it. 

The staff did not seem so friendly though. They were not rude, but hardly smiled (except for the managers), and served with a straight face. 

I would recommend this place for the fresh and flavourful food. 

Kababji Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Golden Dragon