Abu Jad

This is an Arabic restaurant that is extremely easy on the pocket, and also has a good location, i.e. Jumeirah Road. 
The place has limited menu, and I think that is the good part since they can focus on getting those items right. It has seating for about 15 people. 
I has been a few months since this place has started, and they invited me to try out their food. 

I'm a fan of falafel, and they recommended me to try out some. The falafel were fresh & hot, and had the right amount of crispiness to it. They were served with tahina on the side. I think it was the fact that they were served hot which made them even tastier. 

They also got me some vine leaves. These are leaves stuffed with a filling of rice. These weren't bad, but a little hard and tangier than usual. 

I ordered their fattet hummus too. The quantity of this one was large, and the flavour was great. The presentation was also really nice, with pomegranate seeds on top. 
hummus dubai top food blogger

Last but not the least, it was their signature dish - the Arabic shawarma which I had to try out. This was cut into small pieces, and had ample amount of garlic sauce in it. The chicken in this one tasted pretty good; though, I think the garlic sauce was a bit much for my taste. 
shawerma shawarma dubai top food blogger

I also had a glass of fresh Laban which was refreshing. 


For dessert, they recommended their special mohalabia. This one looked really tempting; the taste wasn't bad but I was expecting a bit more from this one. 
arabic dessert mohalabia dubai top food blogger

For this price point, I think the food is really good, and totally worth it. 






Abu Jad Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?