Zahr-El-Laymoun - Souq Al Bahar

This one is a classy place with a good location. Also, if you're sitting outside (which is where you can have the shisha), you get a partial view of the dubai fountains too.

I was invited by them to try out their food, and the first thing I noticed was the ambience which was lovely. 

They have a lot of modified dishes on their menu, i.e. dishes which you might get elsewhere but a little different. 

We started with the Hummus Zahr-El-laymoun. It comes with minced meat, and is topped with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts. I totally loved this one. Minced meat on hummus tastes better than pieces of meat I must say; or perhaps it is the way they make it. 

The manager suggested that we should definitely try the labneh tray. It is labneh covered with thyme, pistachio and olive oil; served with crispy bread. I took a bite of this and couldn't keep my hands off it. If you like labneh, you gotta try this one.

For drinks we had the pomegranate juice. This was fresh and the quantity was huge.

Among the salads, they have their own creation called the "Zahr-El-Laymoun" salad which has rocca leaves, halloumi and fig, covered with honey vinegar sauce. It is something different than the usual, but not exactly to my liking. 

An interesting item was the chicken and halloumi. The combination is fantastic and I think this was our favourite dish here. It is mixed with tomato sauce and fresh cream. I definitely recommend this one. The presentation wasn't fancy, but the taste was superb. 

If you like eggplant, you might like the stuffed eggplant roles. It is stuffed with moutabel, so you can imagine how much of eggplant is in there. It also had some nuts in this one. I like it at first, but then it might feel like you're having a lot of eggplant. 

We had the Spicy Potato cubes too. These were a bit different than the usual ones. I think it had some other spices than the usual or was made a bit differently. I think I prefer the regular ones over these. 

For mains, we had a combo platter. It consists of taouk, beef, and kafta skewers. The taouk was soft and I liked it. The kafta skewers tasted great. The taste as well as the texture was fantastic. The beef wasn't bad either. 

For dessert, we had four of their items. The first one was the halawet el jibn. These were rolls of cheese filled with ashta (cream). If you love cheese, you'll definitely like these. They weren't too sweet, but you do get sugar syrup on the side if that suits your liking. 

Next one was the pomegranate cheesecake. This was the dessert I liked the most here. I was feasting on it long after our dinner was over. 

Kunafa is something I really like, so we ordered one. This one was a let down. It was a bit hard and not the way kunafa should. It felt out of place. 

The final one was the Jabal Lebanon. It is ashta ice-cream and cotton candy topped with pistachios and some rose petals. This was something totally different. I liked it when I had the initial few bites, but later on it felt just okay. You can order it if you're looking to try something different than the usual. 

I also had a shisha here - the "Zahr-El-Laymoun" flavour which was suggested as good, and it lasted for a long time. The coal did not hurt, and was changed intermittently. 

The waiter by the name of Salaam who was serving us came across as a bit racist to me. He was talking to my friend in their language and also explaining the items while I couldn't understand a word. I also noticed him make small talk with customers who spoke that same language. The other staff didn't come across as too friendly either; they were not rude, but served with a straight face. 

Visit this place for the ambience and the innovative items.

Zahr El-Laymoun Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?